Edgecortix Inc. is seeking a Hardware Design Engineer with proven RTL/logic and VLSI design expertise. If you have strong desire to build state-of-the-art digital chips and systems join us and let's reshape the future of AI.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ideal candidates will have expertise in several of the following areas:
- RTL Design and module level verification of modules for Edgecortix inference accelerator IP.
- Work close with our architects to support architectural level decisions providing expert feedback to ensure high design scalability.
- Propose and implement low-level micro architectural optimizations for better resource utilization and placebility/routability of designtargeting specific FPGA devices.
- Collaborate with our architects and compiler engineers to determine the best way of implementing new functionality and defining architectural specs.
- Perform system integration activities using third party IPs and integration tools. Participate in on board bringup and debugging activities.
- Perform timing analysis activities and timing closure activities, perform manual placement activities to ensure design reproducible meets target timing on specific FPGA device.
- Engage in IP level and system level verification and debugging activities using SystemVerilog and UVM.
- Embrace high standards of engineering practices such as code reviews, technical documentation, propper testing process, continuous integration, release engineering.
Desired Qualifications (FPGA)
- Ability to write clean, readable, synthesizable RTL.
- Familiarity with AXI, Avalon or similar protocol.
- Good understanding of Xilinx or Intel FPGA architecture.
- Experience of performing synthesis and implementation using Xilinx or Intel FPGA toolchains.
- Experience in performing system integration tasks using Vivado Block Design editor or Qsys.
- Experience in optimizing design for timing.
- Experience in performing manual placement tasks to ensure timing reproducibility.
- Experience in on board debugging using Integrated Logic Analyzer or Signal Tap
- Understanding of using fixed-point arithmetic for approximating floating point computations.
- Experience with verification using SystemVerilog and UVM.
- Decent scripting and automation skills using TCL, Python, Make.
- Basic programming skills in statically typed language such as C++ or Java
What’s in it for you?
Make a difference: you will have the opportunity to join a well-funded AI hardware startup that is distrusting the AI software and hardware co-design space. Be an integral part of its growth and momentum.
Benefits and Perks
· Highly competitive salary and stock options
· Flex work time and ability to work fully remotely
· Support for obtaining visa and relocation support (in case of non-remote)