Edgecortix Inc. is seeking a Hardware Design Engineer with proven RTL/logic and ASIC design expertise. If you have strong desire to build state-of-the-art digital chips and systems join us and let's reshape the future of AI.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ideal candidates will have expertise in several of the following areas:
- RTL Design and module level verification of modules for Edgecortix inference accelerator IP.
- Participate in synthesis, STA and power estimation activities.
- Propose and implement low-level micro architectural optimizations for better area, power and placeability/routability of design targeting specific tech process, power and area budget.
- Work close with our architects to support architectural level decisions providing expert feedback to ensure high design scalability.
- Collaborate with our architects and compiler engineers to determine the best way of implementing new functionality and defining architectural specs.
- Engage in system integration activities for SoC design using third party IPs and integration tools.
- Engage in IP level and system level verification and debugging activities using SystemVerilog and UVM.
- Embrace high standards of engineering practices such as code reviews, technical documentation, propper testing process, continuous integration, release engineering.
Desired Qualifications (ASIC)
- Ability to write clean, readable, synthesizable RTL.
- Familiarity with AXI, Avalon or similar protocol.
- Experience in low power RTL design.
- Experience in performing logic synthesis using Cadence or Synopsys tools.
- Experience in writing timing constraints and power intent definitions.
- Experience in optimizing design for timing.
- Experience in using power analysis tools such as Joules or PowerPro.
- Understanding of Physical Design issues.
- Understanding of using fixed-point arithmetic for approximating floating point computations.
- Experience with verification using SystemVerilog and UVM.
- Experience with DDR, PCI-E, MIPI CSI or other high speed protocol is a plus.
- Decent scripting and automation skills using TCL, Python, Make.
- Basic programming skills in statically typed language such as C++ or Java.
What’s in it for you?
Make a difference: you will have the opportunity to join a well-funded AI hardware startup that is distrusting the AI software and hardware co-design space. Be an integral part of its growth and momentum.
Benefits and Perks
· Highly competitive salary and stock options
· Flex work time and ability to work fully remotely
· Support for obtaining visa and relocation support (in case of non-remote)